1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2016.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't think that's how they (the research community) think it works. CTE's symptoms show up well after (8, 10 years) after the injuries. And it's really not the concussions that are theorized to be at fault. Rather, it's the thousands upon thousands of repeated sub-concussive blows.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

What were the other three guys' excuses, then?

Four guys charged with killing one guy. It's either a robbery or it was drug-related.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

A friend coaches in the same conference as the team in the upcoming season. He recently texted. Screenshot_2018-07-12-12-37-30-1.png

Batman and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Hey, shouldn’t the third HEY third season be coming on soon?

9. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I think it comes on Netflix in a two weeks or thereabouts. They moved to Independence CC in Kansas I believe.

10. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

July 20. Independence CC in Kansas, which has another FSU short-timer QB: Malik Henry.

11. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I watched about 20 minutes of the first episode of Season 3 at 4 a.m. and realized I wouldn't get any sleep so I stopped and decided to just see how many episodes there were this season (there are eight).

But in the process of scrolling through the episodes I saw they did an hour on a look back at EMCC. Naturally I watched that and didn't go to bed until damn near 6 a.m. anyway.

No spoilers but they spend most of the time on Ollie, Wagner and Dakota Allen in the first 30 minutes and then go into the Isaiah Wright stuff in the final 30. Everyone should judge for themselves but I get the feeling that Wright is going to end up doing time for something he didn't know about but isn't smart enough to articulate that he didn't know. Thankfully there's very little on Buddy Stephens. Hopefully he apologized to his former OC for being an asshole but I doubt it.

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

That is so goddam juco that even other jucos went, "DAAAAAAAMN!"

Draft saved Draft deleted