1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 7, 2016.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Stephens sets a terrible example as a coach. When the heat is on during a game, he does nothing but scream profanities and point fingers.

And he is an utterly awful person. The bullshit he pulled with the offensive coordinator, again in the heat of the battle ("you can pull that shit with your ex-wife, not me") is despicable on a human level.

I read where he would like the cameras back for a third season, so they can show what he is really like.

I think I've figured it out after 2 seasons.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Is there's going to be another season, wouldn't filming start already.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Nope. Someone else's fault.
    If he latches on does anyone remember a guy going to four colleges? Luke Del Rio is on no. 3 at Florida.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

exmediahack likes this.
  7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Raymond Cotton went from Ole Miss to South Alabama to Mississippi Gulf Coast CC to Belhaven in a four-year span, then sat out two years and went to Mississippi College. He also attended three high schools in four years.

Raymond Cotton

He was in the same Elite 11 QB class as Aaron Murray, AJ McCarron, Zach Mettenberger, Geno Smith and Tajh Boyd.

Raymond Cotton, Meade Senior, Dual-Threat Quarterback

8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

K
    Former bengals running back Corey Dillon went to four colleges. Three jucos and then Washington, but only played at three of them, I think

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's funny, to me, the reaction to the Franklin kid. I recall him as being fairly reasonable in Season 1. He got his chance and ran (literally) with it. Looks like he did what he was supposed to at Auburn in that he graduated with some eligibility left. The payoff for doing that is that he has some choices, of which he's taking advantage. Good for him, I say.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm right there with you. He ended up being one of the bright spots of season one. His biggest crime seems to be not living up to expectations. If he's graduated and can transfer and play, I'm happy for him.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He's an Aubie. I will happily mock him for the duration of his eligibility. That's the fun of college sports.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

So is Franklin still a QB? Won't he be competing with DeAndre Johnson at FAU?

Draft saved Draft deleted