1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last Chance U coach: "I'm your new Hitler"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 22, 2019.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

he just went too far

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Anyone familiar with this moron can not be surprised by this at all.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

We'll have to reserve judgment until we see his parody videos on the internet calling talking cats on the telephone.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And I’d still take him over that redneck phony in Mississippi.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The reverse for me.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Stevens lost me in the first season when, while his opponent was starting a brawl and swinging helmets at his - HIS - players, he was more upset by the fact that his players put his season and championship at risk. Calling his players names for not staying in control while he himself screams and loses control. He lost me for good when he emasculated his coordinator in front of his team during the bowl game in season two. I've met more than my share of Buddy Stevens's. They're the ones who mutter the N-word behind closed doors with their buddies but, boy, they're front and center in church every Sunday. Jason Brown is a complete ass clown who is doing real damage to his long-term career prospects but he isn't a phony. Stevens is a total phony.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  8. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Buddy Stevens is piece of shit on every level, from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to sleep he's focused on being the biggest piece of shit he can be.

Jason Brown is a total fuckhead and I think he's also got a substance issue. That looks like drunk texting if there ever was one.

ChrisLong likes this.
  9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Jason Brown is a shithouse coach at a shithouse school in a shithouse town.
    Undoubtedly, my best experience in that wretched hellhole of a town was seeing it in my rearview mirror.

exmediahack likes this.
  10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He also had a family and appeared to be a halfway decent father and husband. And while his kids didn't start that brawl, they didn't back off either. I think Stevens and Brown are dirtbags but Brown is a D1 dirtbag.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Brown is a cartoon villain and a vulgarian.

I always got the sense Stevens had enough sense in him but chose to be bitter and mean most of the time anyway.

12. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The board of trustees met in executive session for nearly 3 hours and didn't come to a decision. They weren't required to say what or who they were discussing but the meeting was called suddenly, so there's only one guess what it was for.

One of the papers asked a trustee about it and he said to ask the president, who immediately said, "And I have nothing to say."

Indy sold its soul to the devil and he's come to collect.

Draft saved Draft deleted