1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lasorda and espn.com

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by howardkstern, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Want everyone to be treated fairly by ESPN? That's what raised my eyebrow. Rather than asking why no one is jumping on this story, you asked why ESPN didn't. It just read like you have something against both ESPN and Lasorda and this was your jumping off point.

Maybe it's not what you intended, but that's the way it read.

2. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Look at Webby stepping up to the plate. That Johnny Dangerously is a slacker.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Ha, you don't know how badly I want to dump this back in Johnny's lap either. ;)

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's not like the story has been ignored (mostly because Lasorda's attorney is out there keeping it in the news claiming defamation). The gossip pages have been all over it. But it's not stop-the-presses news. Lasorda wasn't arrested with a hooker, or anything. It's a she-said, he-said, with the she being a convicted madam. And even the madam can't ID Lasorda. She just has a hooker who supposedly met with a "Tommy La Sorda." (Hard to believe a john would ever call up and use someone else's name, either, eh?). I'm not defending Lasorda. He could be awash in more coke and hookers than Pat O'Brien on his best night and I wouldn't have a clue. But the story is still pretty light.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's certainly nothing that a visit with Dr. Phil can't fix.

7. I have a friend who uses Tommy Lasorda as his alias when he goes to Foxwoods.

I normally use Kaiser Soeze as my alias. So if you are ever at Foxwoods and you hear Tommy Lasorda or Kaiser Soeze being paged - I'm probably in the house.

I'm giving Lasorda the benefit of the doubt on this right now.

8. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Leave Tommy alone he is an old man just trying to earn a living in the world. I am sure he has made mistakes in his life and things he wish he had not done but to drag his name in the mud is childish and boorish at this point in his life.

9. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Not to mention, but the thought of Tommy Lasorda getting it on with a hooker is pretty nasty...he's not a handsome man. Now, if this was a Hollywood madam who said Jessica Alba was a regular client, then by God, the press should be on that story like it was Watergate.

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

why do you need an alias? has your blog made you a celebrity?

11. At Foxwoods I'm like a god and need to keep a low profile.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Get me a beer, Howard, and get Opie and Anthony one, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted