1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Las Vegas Review-Journal/Dan Wheldon

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Versatile, Oct 17, 2011.

1. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Just an observation from Podunk:

Our editors don't work weekends (usually). The Web site is updated by the copy desk. Some of the reporters have that ability as well.

And I can promise you: If this tragedy happened in our community, it would be the lead on our site, and we would be teasing from social networking constantly. And there are some days where we have only 3 or 4 people in editorial working. Even on those long days and nights, we make it happen.

So, to me, there is absolutely no excuse for what happened.

2. Desk_dude

Desk_dude Member

I want to emphasize it was on the main site right away. It just wasn't the main play on the sports site (a feature from before the accident wasn't.

And the site quickly included a 20-photo slideshow of race crash photos. A photog was right near the accident.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

One of the great things about this board is sometimes someone else coming from a similar position on a topic expresses your thoughts better than you can.

All I can say at this point in this thread (which I assume will shortly fall to Page 2 and lower) is, "This."

Draft saved Draft deleted