1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LaRussa and Bernie Miklasz argument

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by OrangeGrad, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Is he still wearing the ballet school T-shirt?
    That was my favorite part of the LaRussa legend.
    Major, major foof.

2. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

MLB.com story:
    http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070428&content_id=1934507&vkey=news_stl&fext=.jsp&c_id=stl

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'm with La Russa on this one.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

What the fuck does Tony the Genius care if the Post-Dispatch pokes fun at the hapless Cubs?
    He's just being an asshole, which is the only thing he knows how to be.

5. Why?
    Seriously, because I'm not seeing his dog in this fight.

6. Simon_Cowbell

First, it's all theater. No one is really pissed.

La Russa gives the T-D publicity it would never get this year. So, higher-ups there love it.

And, he makes sure that Zambrano doesn't lobotomize Pujols.

7. Man, I thought I was cynical.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

OK, Tony. Suit yourself. But the Cubs are that way for a reason. That organization needs a fundamental change from top to bottom and the fans have to stop packing Wrigley like sardines.

The Cubs will not change for a long time to come. Must be that Bartman curse. :)

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Wait a second. The ST. LOUIS manager is pissed because the ST. LOUIS paper ripped the CHICAGO team?

Has he been drinking again?

10. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

One of the talking heads on Sportscenter said La Russa was mad about something a columnist wrote.

Miklasz didn't write the story that La Russa was pissed about; he was just sticking up for a co-worker when this thing happened.

BM wrote on his message board earlier that he's received many e-mails about this from Cardinals fans trashing him — and a death threat.

Nice stuff.

11. Simon_Cowbell

He shouldn't even acknowledge those miscreants... just encourages them.

12. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I dunno,
    Don't you get the feeling that LaRussa feels tarred by anything the P-D writes, as if it reflects on his/the organization's thinking?
    Like there's no separation of church and state in St. Louis when it comes to baseball. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted