1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

LaRussa and Bernie Miklasz argument

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by OrangeGrad, Apr 28, 2007.

1. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

There were a couple graphs in the AP story about it. Has anyone seen the video or know how it started in the press conference? I haven't been able to find anything. Here's the Post-Dispatch's story LaRussa is talking about.
    http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/3D9C787870A16102862572CA000E5C22?OpenDocument

Seems his response was a little over the top.

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

ESPNNews has been showing the video.

It started because LaRussa wouldn't answer any questions from the Post-Dispatch guys. Miklasz stood up for the beat writer, then he and LaRussa got into it when the presser ended.

3. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

LaRussa is upset about that? Give me a break.

Someone needs a humour transplant.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Uh, Tony... that's about the only paper that really, really covers the Cardinals. Might wanna lay off the vino a bit.

(This coming from a huge Cards fan, and with apologies to the Belleville News-Democrat across the river.)

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Did I completely miss the dig in there? Sure, I skimmed it, but I read everything I saw that said Cards. Hmmm.

6. OrangeGrad

OrangeGrad Member

The Post-Dispatch story seemed childish to me. Ha Ha, the Cubs haven't won since 1908 and they're not going to win this year. OK. Seems there should be more to this. LaRussa can't be too upset with Miklasz since Miklasz defended him after he got arrested for the DWI. Just seems weird to me.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Someone want to explain what pompous ass LaRussa is pissed about?

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

He wants his nobel fuckin' prize already.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

My guess is La Russa is pissed the Cubs beat them Friday night.

On that I say: Blame your GM. Jocketty has an aversion to spending money in the offseason. Some years it doesn't hurt them, this year it might. The rotation's a bit tattered and the hitters aren't hitting.

Other than that, I still say La Russa needs to switch to decaf.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? He can't even stay awake through a red light.

Apparently, he needs a shot of caffeine every once in awhile.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That needs to get on youtube yesterday. It looked like skinny little La Russa was inching toward Miklasz, then Miklasz stood up. La Russa started moving toward the door at that point.

The linke story didn't seem bad at all. Are you sure the link is right? The 2,862,987th refernce to the cursed Cubs set off La Russa? Less than a month into a season in which his team is defending champs?

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Just that the Lawyer is so used to having his ass kissed by the rollover, docile St. Louis press.

. . . and when he doesn't get his precious way . . .

Tell us what a great American Big Red is, again, Tony . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted