1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lars Anderson on Knile Davis

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Felt this deserved it's own thread so it does not get caught up in
    Petrino mess.

Anderson seems to suffer from bad timing. He writes good stories just before major news comes out that is connected to subject.

Still a good story about Heisman hopeful Knile Davis. Anderson seems to like to use the same template where some kind of tragedy befalls subject and motivates him to greatness. What I liked is that Davis put the work in that has gotten him to where he is. In the days of athletes paying thousands for trainers and fitness centers Davis did it all on his own with the help of his stepfather.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1196886/index.htm

2. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Lars wrote a huge story about Kasey Kahne prior to the NASCAR season anointing him a championship contender. Six races in, Kahne has yet to finish in the Top 10 of a race.

Wasn't he the one that wrote the Tuscaloosa tornado story last year, though? I thought that was fantastic.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

He also wrote a glowing account of Cam Newton's character and perseverance that hit newsstands the same week the whole Kenny Rogers/Cecil Newton/$200,000 story broke.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yea - I thought of that right away as I was reading about Davis and Petrino.

People are going to start to fear Anderson showing up for an interview. Bad stuff happens.

5. Red Sox trading for Adrian Gonzalez buried him at Pawtucket.

6. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

His lack of hitting at Pawtucket (.263/.357/.424) forced the Red Sox to trade for Adrian Gonzalez

Draft saved Draft deleted