1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Larry Munson retiring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 22, 2008.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Enjoy:

www.larrymunson.com/larrystory.asp and then click on "Audio Vault" for clips.

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Larry was pretty tough to get down last year, too. But obviously he'd earned the right to walk away whenever.

Sucks his last game looks like it'll be a solid enough win over a MAC team. I'd give a lot just to hear him bring us this year's Georgia/Florida game.

Underrated Munson call- 2004 WLOCP. Dawgs had been winning the whole day but Florida had gotten the margin back to three. David Greene then hit a couple of long passes, and Georgia's got goal to go. Dawgs get to 3rd and goal, and Munson just mentions I know they've just gotta be dog-tired. Said it all- from how the team felt, to how the fans felt, to how this program had felt against Florida for seven years.

3. why do you people spell "fan boy" with a B-O-I and make it one word?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cause we're not loosers...

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

How's this for a tribute?

http://www.ajc.com/multimedia/content/multimedia/interactives/large/larry-munson-maize.html

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

well done.

7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

He couldn't hold John Ward's neck towel.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

He is no Mick Hubert. He of the stolen trademark phrase, "Oh My".

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Had never heard Larry Munson until I caght the "we just crushed their faces" and a few other clips on ESPN yesterday.
    I could think of a few comments to make, but in deference to his exalted stauts in Georgia I'll refrain.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Yep, he's a homer. Unabashedly so. I'm not a Bulldogs fan, far from it, but I do respect the man because of the color he provided to those calls.

Draft saved Draft deleted