1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Larry Johnson ends holdout

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Barsuk, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Five-year extension (through 2012), $19 million guaranteed, $45 million over the next six years. Hooray, says this Chiefs fan!

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/240697.html

EDIT: Provided a different link, because the Yahoo story was incomplete on the details of the contract.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's about damn time. And I'm a bit out of the loop, but is Priest Holmes still planning a comeback?

3. joe

joe Active Member

I love how hard Johnson runs, but I fear he'll have an Earl Campbell career. If he carries 419 again, he's done in three years and in pain the rest of his life.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

He was, but as Whitlock pointed out in a column over the weekend, he wasn't actually at the stadium for the Chiefs game last Thursday, taking time instead to go to San Antonio.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/236940.html

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Raiders will win more games than the Chiefs this year. Brody Croyle will suck huge donkey balls.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Thanks for that.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

That column was outstanding because it proves whitlock--who told us all he'd keep Herm in check unlike the kitten cats in NY--is being played for a fool by Herm the Liar. Just like the rest of us predicted.

That’s not a good look for Herm Edwards, a man who prides himself on keeping his stories straight.

Right. His stories straight.

Guess the pimp hand is in the shop. Or maybe he's saving it for his Foxsports column, or his AOL column, or his geocities column. Whatever. I can't keep track of Pimp Daddy.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Huard's gotta start week 1, right?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Not what I heard. The KC Star had a story yesterday that said an apparent injury to Huard gives the advantage to Croyle.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I think it's going to be Croyle. The Chiefs are going to lose a lot of games anyway; might as well start the kid.

11. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

What he said. Posnanski pointed out in a column last week that the Chiefs haven't drafted a QB that led the team in passing since 1980, or something like that. He also pointed out that except for a few exceptions, teams don't win Super Bowls with also-ran QB's from other teams.

Not that I'm saying KC will win the damn thing this year. But they drafted Croyle. He is the forseeable future. Let the kid get his chops.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Doesn't matter who's handing it to LJ, anyway. Well, as long as he can handle the snap. (I'm looking at you, Rex.)

Draft saved Draft deleted