1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Larry Craig: "What if I just narrow down my stance?"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Craig says he's not stepping down now. Talk about being unaware of one's self.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How on earth can he resign now? There are several very important anti-gay pieces of legislation coming up for vote soon.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Remember the GOP rules -- sex with a female prostitute is OK. Wide stance attempt to have sex with another man is not OK.

The Dems must be dancing with joy over Craig's decision.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

The GOP will probably try to gay-bash him out of office.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To prove his hetero chops, he is now cheating on his wife with Alyssa Milano. So we're all good.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She said that she is done dating gay Senators

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I hope this guy loses the primary and tries to Lieberman his seat. Best thing ever for the Dems.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No Dem will ever get elected in Idaho. It's probably the second reddest state in the country (behind Utah). Hell, Bush still has positive ratings there.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Agreed. From what I hear, the Dems would ordinarily have no chance to win Craig's seat in Idaho. All of a sudden the Repubs have another serious problem on their hands.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Idaho heck, I'm talking nationwide.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What more do you guys want? You got both Montana Senate seats in the last election :D

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

What Sportschick said. Though I think Utah is actually not quite as red as Idaho in many ways or a least it didn't used to be. Once upon a time, all AP copy referred to Idaho as "the nation's most-Republican state."

For those really interested in the possibility of Idaho electing a Democrat to any office anytime soon, do some research on freshman congressmen Bill Sali and the state's Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Luna. While the rest of the nation turned blue last year, Idaho went deeper into the red as if to call the rest of the country a bunch of commie bitches.

Draft saved Draft deleted