1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Larry Coker's Job security deathwatch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Sep 4, 2006.

1. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Really, Columbo? Tell me -- who recruited Ken Dorsey? Willis McGahee? Ed Reed?

Here's a hint: The answer, in all three cases, ain't Butch.

2. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Stick with what you know, Columbo: Masturbation and, well, you must know about something else.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Yeah, that was an, um, pretty poor showing. I didn't think his job was in serious jeopardy after the 'Noles, but after today -- wow.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sounds about right. Even if Rutgers wanted to keep Schiano, I doubt they would pay anywhere near what Miami is prepared to, if they go this route.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Board of Trustees have scheduled a 3:00 meeting on Sunday and the "topic" is Coker. Bye Larry.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Think they'd want Jeff Bowden?

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Link? You know this how?

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Yeah, that was a pretty embarassing bitch-slap today, but would they off him now? Talk about majorly fucking over your recruiting -- not that there'd be much to sell after this.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dorsey and Reed were on campus the last year Butch was in Coral Gables. I'm pretty sure McGahee was too. Try again.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

After some exhaustive searching, no news source reporting about the trustees' meeting tomorrow.

11. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

It's on TSN. Next Miami coach is Damon Allen.

Draft saved Draft deleted