1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Larry Coker's Job security deathwatch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Sep 4, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yes.

It's like the Yankees or something. If you don't win a title in X years, you suck.

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Re: Larry Coker deathwatch

Depends on which 2 or 3 he loses. FSU is a bad, bad start. If he loses a couple and then gets whipped in a second-tier bowl game like last year, chance are pretty good that he's gone. Miami isn't going to keep a coach around because he's a nice guy.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Because he has what should be 8 absolute gimmes on that schedule for the sort of program UM has been.

I know you aren't this dense.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Excellent point, A_F....Dooley?

5. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

If MIami DOESN'T have 10 wins heading into the bowl game ... i dont think he'll be coaching the bowl game. Because 9 would mean three losses ... what, he's losing at Georgia Tech? at a Bush-less Louisville?
    I guess he could lose at home now to BC or VT.

Listen - the guy has put up great numbers. Enjoy 11-2 or 10-3 at Colorado or Minnesota or South Carolina or something. But they're not going to deal with that at the U.

This is The U.

I fucking missed what Corso said. how bad did he blast Coker?

6. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

http://cokermustgo.com/

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Frank Solich went 9-3 and was forced out at Nebraska. The Huskers haven't had that good of a record since.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I think this talk is a little premature -- unless they lose more than one game on that cake schedule.

I thought Miami had the better team last night for a while, until Buster took over. Miami lost because of a quarterback that made the wrong decisions at the wrong time.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Yeah... throwing to Sam Shields and hitting him in the breadbasket.

Wright was annihilated by fast-arriving pressure last night.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Frank Solich would probably agree with that sentiment...

Unfortunately for Coker, he's probably at the only school other than Alabama where winning a national title doesn't get you a free pass for at least a decade...

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This thread is insane. Where's the perspective?

The rat-faced bastard should have been fired last night.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

If he had done it last year, it would.

There is no evidence other than he has let the talent level there wane since Davis left.

And, then, he pulled that shitty move of firing his assistants to shift the fire away from him for one more year.

Well, as of 11:30 last night, that year is probably toast, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted