1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Larry Brown to coach the Bobcats

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If Johnson thinks the businesses in Charlotte aren't supporting the team, wait until he finds out he hired a coach that will make the businesses look like his best friends.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So let's start the pool right now -- which team will Brown be rumored to be jumping to, and when will the rumors start to rise?

My guess is the Celtics, who get off to a somewhat sluggish start next season. Rumors will start floating around Christmas. Then the Lakers.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'd say no on the Lakers, only b/c Phil seems somewhat content there. I can't stand the guy, but I gotta admit, if he wins it all this year, I'll be pretty fuckin impressed.

anyway, I'd love, for just one day, to be Brown's agent Joe Glass. Get to spend all day calling reporters with scoops, then lie thru my teeth about it and collect 5% of a lot of fuckin money in the process. Good times.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Bastards.

The both of ya.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dallas

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not if Avery Johnson is replaced during the offseason.

The funny part is as hesitant as Bob Johnson has been to pay his players, how much will/did it take to get Brown to sign?

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

First Jordan, now Brown. Will ol' Bobby keep hiring from the UNC family?

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

And their first-round draft pick: Ty Lawson
    And their second-round draft pick: Wayne Ellington

My guess: They haven't figured out there's a WHOLE LOT of folks in Charlotte that can't bleeping stand UNC.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And next year, the Carolina mafia can take Tyler Hansbrough with the No. 1 overall pick.

10. rube

rube Active Member

YOUUUUUUU mistyped something??????

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Larry Brown just said that he is confident that "this is a place I'll be around for a long time." Which leads me to wonder how me might define "a long time."

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

18 months.

Draft saved Draft deleted