1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Larry Brown doing what he does best ... again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rube, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Bobcats fire Sam Vincent, opening the chair for Brown, the master vulture/backstabber.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3368749

It'll be a hoot watching him try to coach that shit-ass awful roster. :D :D

And, by about Thanksgiving, he'll be shocked -- truly shocked!!! -- that the players can't really "play the right way," and then he'll start tanking games (again), using ridiculous mismatched lineups in an attempt to make Jordan look like an idiot (like Isiah, he doesn't really need that much help).

Then, by about Valentine's Day, he'll be looking to jump to the Heat or Denver or the Lakers or somebody else looking for a coach.

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

LB should wait for George Karl to get pink slip, which seems inevitable after today. Coaching that group in Denver seems like a much better fit than the Bobcats.

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Phoenix job might be about to open up, too.

4. Starman

As well as the Pistons, if they flame out against the Sixers. LB could have his choice of three of his former teams (Pistons, Knicks, Nuggets) to coach. O'Brien in Indy and Frank with the Nets are on thin ice too, aren't they?? Dunleavy with the Clippers can't be sitting very safely, either.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i hope this guy gets hit by a bus.

6. Starman

Hell, I don't; he's great entertainment, as long as he's not coaching a team you give a shit about. :D

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sorry SM, but i'm just worn out on the guy.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The ownership group in Charlotte is a much better "fit" for Larry Brown. After all, if Michael Jordan hires him, he'll get a nice pat on the head from Dean Smith for looking out for their own.

I feel bad for Sam Vincent, but given the track records of Jordan as a front-office executive and Bob Johnson as an owner, he knew what he was getting into. And instead of getting support from the front office, he got thrown in front of the train.

Yup ... those are your Charlotte Bobcats.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Wake me when anybody in Charlotte gives a shit.

Shinn and Wooldridge absolutely ruined a great thing.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup. Charlotte has yet to recover. And Bob Johnson is not the owner to soothe the situation.

11. rube

rube Active Member

Ha! Perfect.
    And if the "right way" consists of hanging his current team out to dry when they're going gangbusters in the playoffs -- then, yes, he did.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I heard two options:

1) He's going to Charlotte.
    2) He's going to Detroit once Joe D fires Flip for another playoff bust.

Draft saved Draft deleted