1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

laptop problems

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Last week, the keyboard on my laptop stopped working properly. It wouldn't let me type certain words. The enter key doesn't work and sometimes I'd type one character and another one would appear.
    The reason and the solution are probably obvious. It's five years old and I probably should get a new one. The problem is I'm not in any financial position to get a new one. I've consolidated my credit card debt and taking on any new debt would probably void the plan that I'm on to pay off my credit cards.
    Is there any way the problem can be fixed and I get get a little more time out of the laptop?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Get a separate keyboard?

3. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

What she said. I know of two people who plug in full sized keyboards because their fingers are too fat to use the laptop board. It would suck having to carry around a keyboard, but it might be a temporary solution.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i've never seen fingers that fat.

5. President Taft? weren't his fingers so fat he couldn't play piano?

but, yeah, you can get portable keyboards that fold up fairly small and are easily portable

[​IMG]

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

taft was a little before my time. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted