1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Language on network TV in prime time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 25, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I believe 8 to 10 p.m. is prime time. The late-night schedule begins at 10 p.m.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Not doubting your encyclopedic knowledge of all things television, but used to think prime time started at 7 p.m.

3. joe

joe Active Member

East Coast and Left Coast, prime time is 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. (when the last show ends before the news). Prime time in Middlestan is 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Mountain time zone is all frogged up.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

What he said.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Word for freaking word. And the fact that most ads play at 3x the volume of what show you were watching doesn't help.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I was fascinated, during my recent "Slap Shot" research, to see some of the changes that had to be made so it could be shown on network TV in the early 1980s. "Sucks" became "stinks," and that's far from the most ludicrous examples of alterations. All the while I was reading through these pages and pages and pages and pages of mandatory changes, I couldn't help but think how in-fucking-credible it is that things have changed so much.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I know I'm late to this convo, but there's a stanky-ass ho somewhere here?

8. Now there is.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Four fucking pages?

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I may be stanky, and I may be an ass, but ... wait, what's that third thing?

Er, toufuckingche ;)

11. jps

jps Active Member

kudos, mikey, for being the first to bring up the safe harbor law -- though it did take three pages for it to come up. that's what I don't get ... would this constitute a fine and the network is ok with shelling out to gave it on their show? because it did air inside that window.

Draft saved Draft deleted