1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lane Kiffin is finally fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 29, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Re: Running Lane Kiffin is again about to be fired thread

Oh, he's owed the money, but don't for one second think it's going to be paid until there's a drawn-out lawsuit.

And frankly, I think Davis is doing his best to screw Lane Kiffin's master plan: to live off the remainder of his contract for a year or two and take his time to find the perfect college job.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

This was tremendous.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I don't disagree, but I also think the price tag is going to escalate, probably significantly, for pulling such a stunt.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The Raider players, etc. have moved on from the Silver and Black magic of the past. Al Davis? That's all he's got.

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

The rumor mill is that Syracuse will want Kiffin once they take Greg Robinson out back and shoot him Old Yeller style to put everyone out of their misery.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Kiffin's an idiot if he even returns Syracuse's call. He'd be trading a boss who is a senile old man who threw him under the bus for a younger boss who has absolutely no fucking clue what he's doing and will throw him under the bus the first chance he gets.

Syracuse needs to get the finger from the coaching fraternity until its AD is fired.

7. Armchair_QB

WE ARE

PENN STATE

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Kiffin would go back to SC and wait for a good college job before he'd take Syracuse. Once the carousel starts spinning, he'll be in the mix for a solid gig.

9. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

As a Raiders fan, I agree with all of that. What a mother-freakin' joke. I'm almost to the point where I'm done with the Raiders until Al Davis dies. Not to wish death on anyone, but this old codger has been out of control since the late 1980s. He ran off Marcus Allen, tried to run Tim Brown out of town, traded a great offensive lineman for Jay fucking Schroeder when Steve Beuerlein was a better quarterback anyway. And the older Davis gets, the more illogical the personnel decisions become.

Fuck. Al. Davis. Fuck him.

10. Armchair_QB

When Al dies - or is exposed to sunlight and explodes - who owns the Raiders?

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Where is Roger Goodell? He sticks his nose in the Favre bullshit but lets this asshole ruin a franchise? What about his partners? Al isn't the majority owner. Has to be a way to get him out of the way.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I believe Al Davis is majority owner, a fairly recent development. 2005 or so.

Leroy: I AM done until he dies. Or at least, I'm trying to be.

Draft saved Draft deleted