1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lane Kiffin is finally fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 29, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Re: Running Lane Kiffin is again about to be fired thread

Similar to what Mizzou said, Kiffin has handled himself, at least in public, about as well as can be expected. He'll be a head coach somewhere else soon enough.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Kiffin should be the first guy the Chiefs call when they get around to shit-canning Herm.

I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to shove it up Oakland's ass twice a year.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Just like the last coach Davis canned midseason?

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

ESPN reporting he's out.

5. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

If it's Tom Cable it really is time for the NFL to move in and take over this franchise. The guy couldn't motivate a fat man to fart.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3617977

Sad to see what's become of that franchise.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Chickenshit bullshit, thy name is Al Davis.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Seems to me that Kiffin would have a pretty good lawsuit, if he decided to take the Raiders to court.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

From running a bed-and-breakfast to bring head coach, it's must not be that hard out here to be a coach, eh Rob Ryan??

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

When did Rob Ryan run a bed and breakfast?

Anyway: none of the candidates are interesting. None of them are exciting. None of them should be head coach of a young team trying to develop some quality young talent.

Al Davis just fired a coach who, despite everything, had not had a young impressionable group of players who had only known losing, quit on him. They played their tails off, despite a dismal Week One effort after which I felt they had alredy quit on the whole season.

These guys had worked their tails off, and now they will have a new coach. And players like Nmandi Asomugha begin to count the days until free agency brings an escape from this old man's personal fiefdom.

That bastard cadaver showed once and for all that he was more interested in betraying his players just so he could have control when he forced out Jon Gruden. That man resurrected the franchise, and Davis got rid of him as soon as he could. Since then, it's been a joke parade of retreads and idiots, all on the whim of the Emperor.

I hope aging breaks him. I want to continue to watch it happen. I hope when he urinates, it hurts a hell of a lot. I hope he forgets his own name, and suffers that constant frustration. I hope he reaches his deathbed without knowing the satisfaction of "two or three more Super Bowls" as he has said.

Al Davis, I hope the rest of your days continue to be filled with complete unhappiness as the franchise you once made great, becomes a disaster at your hand.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You a Chiefs fan?

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

He will have to pay him. That won't be a negotiable item.

Although, the more he dicks with Kiffin, what he ends up paying could only end up going higher, once the lawyers get involved.

Draft saved Draft deleted