1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lane Kiffin is finally fired

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

Re: Running Lane Kiffin is again about to be fired thread

Does anybody know why the Raiders wore white at home... That is so against the Raiders tradition - if there is any left.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I don't understand Al Davis' logic (or lack thereof). The Raiders have played tough football in the last three weeks. So what happens if or when Davis cans Kiffin? The players collectively decide not to play for the new coach? Why would Davis do this? It doesn't make sense.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It was hot, apparently.

And you're absolutely right.

ALSO:

"According to a source, Raiders owner Al Davis scheduled one-hour meetings Monday evening with three members of the coaching staff -- offensive coordinator Greg Knapp, offensive line coach Tom Cable and longtime NFL offensive coordinator and current Raiders consultant Paul Hackett. The meetings, according to the source, were to discuss the possibility of replacing Kiffin, who has yet to be informed of any potential change."

Yay. So which of these f%$#ing retreads does Davis hire? Which of these men, willing to backstab the current coach, is the next man to lead the young Oakland Raiders, the one who will get them to run through a brick wall for the franchise, and for him?

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

hb, you seem to be ascribing logic to Al Davis. Always dangerous to do so.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Duly/dooley noted.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

No-one understands Al Davis' logic at this point.

Like Michael Silver pointed out last week, the only thing he wants to win anymore is petty arguments and dick-measuring contests.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AitYXqtxQLU3xcWWwKrFUPer0op4?slug=ms-thegameface091908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I thought it was so they could coordinate with whatever ghastly shell suit he decided to wear this week.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No comment on this, but nice honor on the avatar. But you forgot the last "the"

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Bill Callahan was right: this is the dumbest team organization ever.

How could Skeletor not include Rob Ryan in this meeting?

Anyhoo, I second Michael Silver's column last week on Al Davis.
    He's a senior citizen version of T.O.: regardless how successful he is, he's never satisfied until "he's conquered and won."[/JohnFacenda]

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Man, I wouldn't want to be a beat guy walking into that locker room if they're doing this.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ask Mark Richt.

This Raider saga is starting to look like the plot from One on One, can't wait for the part when Kiffin goes into Davis' office after rallying the team (not that I think its likely) and says "All the way up with a red hot poker, I can coach wherever I want."
    I don't get Davis scheduling meetings with assistants. Sure the assistants don't have any loyalty to Kiffin, but way would you want to be part of an organization that involves you in undermining a head coach?

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Scott Linehan further damaged his chances of getting another shot when he benched Marc Bulger for Trent Green last weekend.

The Rams stink, but not because of Bulger. That was the mark of a desperate coach. Lane Kiffin, on the other hand, isn't desperate and flopping around like a fish on shore. He'll get another shot because he's young and because most of the rest of the league knows Al Davis isn't of sound mind.

And I'll echo what someone said upthread. Where was Rob Ryan in these meetings behind Kiffin's back? He would gladly take Kiffin out himself.

Draft saved Draft deleted