1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Landshark Lager

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Mar 16, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I like Carona, but I don't believe it's worth the money.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Willy fucking Wonka.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Right.

But if you order a beer, and it's automatically served with a lime or orange slice, then you aren't making that choice.

4. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I had a bottle of it while I was home for the holidays.
    I didn't think Landshark was anything special. My brother warned me that it had a bubble gum taste to it, but I couldn't pick up the taste it.

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I respectfully disagree. You can drink, for example, a Magic Hat Circus Boy or a Long Trail Hefe Weizen without a lemon and it's just fine.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No fruit in beer.

7. KoM

KoM Member

I'm sitting in the pressbox right now looking over at the drunks in the luxury boxes having a field day with Corona flowing .... and it's pissing me off.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, I can drink a Hefeweizen without a lemon and it is just fine. I think of the lemon slice like Dupont, it doesn't make the Hefe, it makes it better.

9. Well done, my friend

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm all about the Corona.

If you don't want it with lime, just order it NFL (No Fucking Lime).

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I love Sunset Wheat, though I have never tried it with an orange. The taste already bears a strong resemblance to Fruity Pebbles.

And O'Hara's is the shit. Love the Irish Red Ale.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I like their beer mats (shaped like a shark fin), and don't mind Jimmy Buffett making more money, but that is like the weakest beer I've ever tasted. And it seems to be kind of a bs move on Buffett's part to try and go against a beer brand that has been sponsoring his tour for years.
    Don't know if anyone else realizes this, but in Mexico, Corona is the equivalent of Milwaukee's Best. Not a real status thing to be seen sucking on a Corona. FWIW. If it's a hot day, give me an IPA.

Draft saved Draft deleted