1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Land of the Lost

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DirtyDeeds, May 17, 2009.

1. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Anyone out there looking forward to this? I grew up in the era of Sid & Marty Krofft, and I should be looking forward to it, but I'm not. The show was cheesy, but it was not a comedy the way I remember it. The trailers show it as a slapstick Ferrell comedy, and the presence of the dude from Eastbound & Down might be -- *channeling Liz Lemon* -- a deal-breaker. It could be entertaining, I suppose, but it ain't Land of the Lost from what I can tell.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

it looks pretty good to me.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I am holding out for "The Buggaloos" or "Banana Splits" or at least "Far-Out Space Nuts"

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I got my Krofft fix during the TV Land tribute. There's usually one big flop during the summer, I'm thinking Land of the Lost might be it.

5. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Looks funny, but it doesn't look like Land of the Lost. At all. I'm waiting for HR Pufnstuf myself.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Eh, I'll probably go see it.

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Danny McBride always makes me laugh for some reason. I don't know why. He just does.

He's a plus to this movie to me, not a minus.

8. topsheep

topsheep Member

I wanna see 'em all: HR Pufnstuf, Sigmund the Seamonster, Dr. Shrinker, Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, the Bugaloos, and even Land of the Lost.

So, is Bill Laimbeer going to play a Sleestack like he did on the TV show?

And who's playing Chaka?

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

10. Will Ferrll movie? Ugh.
    Pass.

I have high hopes for too many of his movies and been disappointed. No more.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

Same here. I did really like him in Stranger than Fiction, the one movie where he didn't run around like a jackass the whole time.

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

It looks nothing like Land of the Lost to me.. It was a dad and his kids.. not a man and two other odd looking folks. It was pretty much just sci-fi for kids, not slapstick.

Draft saved Draft deleted