1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lance Armstrong retires again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This smacks of... "You can't fire me! I quit!"

Lance Farve's retirement comes the same day the TdF, and cycling in general, becomes an even bigger farce, what with the apparent reinstatement of asthmatic-cow-drug ingesting champion Contador and the UCI's demand that Floyd Landis retract his claims that the organization's leaders are frauds. Combined, those three events around the same time help place the international sport of cycling on the same level as the Lingerie Football League.

And all of which raises a number of questions:

1. Did LA quit because the Feds are planning to indict him soon? Did he quit because the tests are becoming too stringent -- even though the Tour of California made a big splash recently announcing new drug protocols that bans from the race anyone under investigation for doping, their rules had a huge asterisk that would have allowed Lance to race.

2. Will Radio Shack drop sponsorship of his team right away? Is Alphonse losing his job?

3. Will Comcast drop live TdF coverage from Versus, now that it owns the network?
  3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's taking his ball and going home. :D
  4. TigerVols

Juan Pelota likes this.
  5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

He truly should never have done the comeback. I do wish he would have worn yellow for a day following the TT in 2009, but he was never going to win. He had nothing to gain by coming back.
  6. TigerVols

Except for millions more raised for his jet, um, I mean, his "foundation."
Draft saved Draft deleted