1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lance Armstrong hospitalized after bike crash

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Mar 23, 2009.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Amazing this doesn't happen more often.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/news/story?id=4008306

2. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

That sucks for Lance, but there are a fair number of crashes that require some hospital stay. And if it's a collarbone injury, that's the most common bone break in cycling.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Active Member

Didn't Tyler Hamilton break his collarbone in the Tour one year early in the race and ride for like two weeks? Lance nearly had a bad crash when his handlebar hooked the plastic bag of a boy standing near the track. THere are some pretty nasty injuries in cycling.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah he had to get caps on his teeth from grinding them so much because of the pain. That's hardcore.

5. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Not only did Tyler Hamilton ride with a broken collarbone, but he won a stage in the same Tour de France on a long-ass breakaway. The dude knows how to suffer.

6. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

In one of his later TDF victories, he crashed in one stage when his handlebar hooked onto the purse of a woman standing on the side of the course.

I know it would be impossible to enforce, but spectators really do stand way too close for my liking. I always wondered home much it bothers. the cyclists

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The bicycle crash trifecta is now on the clock. Matt Lauer missed "Today" due to a bike wreck shoulder injury ...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D973S0U80&show_article=1

Draft saved Draft deleted