1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lancaster Ohio girls b-ball coach in trouble ... you know the story ..

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Sexual battery? Really?

2. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

My son's coach texted his whole team about practices, when to meet for games, changes in scheduling, etc. It's not unusual these days.

3. Every time I've ever gotten a player's number from a coach it's been in his or her cell phone.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So how long until some district passes a rule that only women can coach girls' teams? Not exactly fair, but, then again, not the first time we've heard of an incident like this.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah, women only coaches will take care of the problem.

That coach looks like a balding Colin Cowherd with a shiny suit.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Don't know what jurisdiction that coach is in but hard to see how texting is "sexual battery." Battery historically meant actual contact with someone's body. Perhaps this refers to the actual relationship with the unnamed student?

7. CR19

CR19 Member

I'd be shocked if they charged this guy with "sexual battery" for a text message. They probably have more stuff on him. If they don't, the charge is way overblown.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That won't solve the problem, in fact in some ways, it might make it worse:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1023662/2/index.htm

Draft saved Draft deleted