1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lancaster Ohio girls b-ball coach in trouble ... you know the story ..

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Sent a racy text to the whole team ... d'oh!

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So he was sending that to a student (presumably a player) but sent it to the whole team by mistake?

The story is kind of whack because it says he mistakenly sent the text to the whole team but then mentions a relationship with "the student."

I wonder what would have happened if that was meant for his 35-year-old girlfriend and he mistakenly sent it to the team.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Iluvmshhh?

"I love mush?"

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sound better than "I love gruel!"

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

why would he have the team's numbers programmed into his phone? I coach as well, but would never put my players info in my phone. If I have to talk to the player, we do it before practice. If mom and dad need a call, we pull out the info sheet. sounds creepy.

6. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Because texting is how team members communicate, coaches often program their numbers in the phone for ease of communication. Of course, that assumes said coaches are ethical.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The stupid remains strong in these ones.

::) ::)

8. CR19

CR19 Member

I wonder if the principal's number was also in his phone. Now that would be interesting if the principal got that text message.

9. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

10. CR19

CR19 Member

I'm guessing that's the actual coach. It seems more like a message from a freaky coach whose trying to be friendly with his players in his own creepy way. Doesn't seem like a sexual predator text.

11. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Would you mind expanding on that thought? Coach just trying to be friendly with his players in "his own creepy way"???

12. CR19

CR19 Member

"Creepy way" probably wasn't the right phrase to use. My bad. My question is whether he's "interested" in women or men. I didn't want to go out of bounds on it, so I didn't state it directly. But, I'm not entirely sure, based on the message, if it was meant to be viewed in a sexual manner. I'm guessing it was a moronic lapse of judgement, not necessarily a sexual predator text message. Now if there is evidence of actual physical contact with players, everything I just said is wrong. But I'm not entirely sure of what his true intentions were at this point.

Draft saved Draft deleted