1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lampley in Beijing

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Aug 19, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Given that he's working 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. local time and 10 a.m. 1 p.m. New York time and he's introducing coverage that took place up to 12 hours earlier, I'll give him a pass on what day it's supposed to be in NBCOlympicLand.
    What's troubling is that it appears that Lampley's politics are a bigger problem to the bloggers than his domestic transgression.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not to me. I just think he's a foof.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

"What a great moment for Jim Trueman, who will likely not be living much longer."

that is so awesome it's sick.

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

On a more troubling note, there's this quote from the blog:

Sanders alleges after dinner, at their apartment, Lampley “was drinking vodka and whiskey and became drunk.” She adds in the document that “he was also high on pot.”

Seriously. Jim Lampley. Stoned. Think about that.

It'd be hilarious for the first several minutes, but then when he'd start telling stories like the time Larry Merchant single handedly beat back 7500 angry Martian soldiers from the loading dock of the Las Vegas Hilton in order to help the Pinklon Thomas-Riddick Bowe fight start somewhat on schedule-I'd be bored as all hell.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I call bullshit. Who drinks vodka AND whiskey? And then smokes pot? Lamps was busted for pot back in his sideline reporting days.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

it was new year's eve.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Somebody with a substance abuse problem?

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fuck. it was new year's eve, for the love of christ.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dude, on NYE I drink straight tequila. No mixing shit for me.

11. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Geez, this is a bigger upset than the Andorra winning the Olympic basketball gold.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sorry in advance.

Draft saved Draft deleted