1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

lamest HR you've ever seen? (difficulty: no shot heard round the world)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by king cranium maximus IV, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

It was Crawford. Martinez hit a shot out of there.

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Actually he didn't even get a two-run single. Just an RBI.

But considering he was like 1-for-21 going into that at-bat, it was a pretty sweet swing.

My vote goes for McGwire's 62nd, easily. Didn't the groundskeeper grab it?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

For lamest homer, it's a tie between Canseco's melon-shot and Hawk Harrelson.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

Any homerun that had ever been hit at the Old Tiger Stadium.

Seemed to me that every homerun that had ever been hit there was either way back into the upper deck, or as in McGwire's, Canseco's, or C. Fielder's case......the roof.

Wonder how many homers Lou Whitaker hit into the upper deck there?

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I gotta give my nod to Maier, but equally lame immediately behind that are the Canseco noggin shot and any of those homers at the Murph where the ball rolled under the benches in the bullpen and resulted in inside-the-park homers. To me, that's pretty damn lame.

6. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Not sure about Sweet Lou, but it was 440 to center. No cheapies out that way.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I remember Devon White pulling a semi-Canseco move against the California Angels, I think. The ball hit the wall, and while White was jumping for it, it ball bounced off his leg and over the fence for a home run.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The more I think about Mac's 62nd bomb, the more I tend to agree with it, but it was kind of a "eh, nice hit" feeling to it. That ball was a frozen rope and it wasn't a majestic one-to-remember homer.

The lamest HR I ever seen (or listen to) is anyone hitting a HR for the Iowa Cubs. The radio guy have been neutered for so long, it's pathetic to listen.

Announcer calling the game in a weak drone: "Mahoney at the plate, here's the pitch, the ball is hit, it continues to sail, and it's a home run. Good-bye, bye-bye baseball." No emotions, no inflections to his voice. Nothing. Just a weak call after call after call.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Yeah....it was a mile to center, but about 290 down each line, and 340's to the alley.

Possible exaggeration, but you get the point.

Draft saved Draft deleted