1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lame line?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedCanuck, Nov 10, 2007.

1. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

So my news-side buddy has the hots for a waitress at a restaurant we usually eat at. The line he wants to use is as follows...

Waitress: "Can I offer you a drink?"

Buddy" "Yeah, my friend will have a glass of water, and I'll have a picture of you."

This is MUCH, MUCH better than his usual material, but let us know, is it lame or charming?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'd pour the water all over him.

Then again, I hate all lines.

3. That's awful. God awful. You may want to let him use it to save the waitress from any possibility of saying yes.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That line is so bad it took me a while to figure out "picture" was supposed to be "pitcher" or a play on words or something.

5. Good point, she could hear "pitcher" as in "I'll have a pitcher of you" .... um, that might not go over so well.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

WAITRESS
    Are you ready to order?

MIKE
    Coffee...
    (points to Trent, who nods)
    Two coffees. It says "Breakfast Any
    Time", right?

WAITRESS
    That's right.

MIKE
    I'll have "pancakes in the Age of
    Enlightenment".

And for the record, the "pitcher of you" line is awful. Not "hey, that line is so corny I'm sort of charmed"... it's just awful.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm only laughing becuase I've been inventing new martinis tonight. I'm crying for your friend's suckitude.

8. I'm now dying to hear the usual material.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah, he doesn't get laid much, does he?

10. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Even less than me, and that's not saying much. I won't get into the usual material, but usually when he pulls it I can't stop laughing at him.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Come to Calgary, Canuck. If you're a guy and you can't get laid here, you'll finally know there's something wrong with you. All you have to do is tell a girl you work in O&G and you're in.

12. Pulls it? You mean he whips It out?

Draft saved Draft deleted