1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lame dunks need lifting

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Unibomber, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

I still say Nique got jobbed in Chi-town. MJ got his 50 on a second free-throw line dunk.
    1. Stole idea (granted with better form) from Dr. J.
    2. Did the same dunk twice in one night.
    3. Even MJ knew Nique was robbed

With a combination of power and finesse, the "Human Highlight Film" took a comfortable lead heading into the fourth and final dunk after earning two straight scores of 50 points. But Dominique's final two-handed windmill jam scored a modest 45, setting the stage for the defending champion's finale.

"I was shocked," Jordan said about Wilkin's final score. "I would have given him a 49 or a 50."

http://aol.nba.com/history/1988slamdunk_moments.html

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Barkley on MJ's giving of an 8 on Dwight Howards sticker dunk............"Michael done lost his damn mind."

3. Dwight Howard's sticker dunk:

Vince Carter's 2000 contest highlights (with cheesy soundtrack):

'Nique versus MJ (1988):

Upon further review, I think Carter in 2000 was the best individual performance, followed by Jordan in 1987 (that's where he first went from the foul line, although without the pump hitch, and he also did his "horizontal" dunk).

Draft saved Draft deleted