1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lame computer games and the people who love them

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

This definitely belongs more on the geek thread, but somebody sent me a link to some of the great text-based Infocom games of the '80s.

All I can say is: Zork > Freecell.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

After 20 minutes, I had to cheat (a little) to solve it. I can't imagine figuring it out otherwise.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Bejeweled and Diamond Mine are the two greatest games of all time, hands down. I bought Bejeweled for my cell phone and play it constantly.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

There's quite a few of these type of point and click-escape type games.
    The one Japanese guy did a bunch named after colors: Green, crimson, and one or two others.
    Google Green Room, Crimson Room, etc, and it should list all of them (along with their walkthroughs).

I've also seen one where you have to escape from a cage before an oncoming train hits you and an escape from the closet one.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My old DirecTV receiver had this built-in game called Bugs that was a great time-waster. Object of the game was to switch bugs around in order to get three like bugs in a row (horizontal and vertical) and the rest of the bugs would drop down to fill the vacated space.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I bought Bejeweled 2 for my PC. I can play it for hours with the cheesy new age synth pop in my earphones. It's like meditating.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Oooh baby. I just bookmarked it. thanks

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Except that it's the crack cocaine of card games.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

This is a great site! I've been using Popcap.com but this has all of those games plus more.
    Thanks!

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oh my God, I loved those games. They had a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy game, among others. They so ruled.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Curse you, Farmer J. You and your damned "stale CD player". AARRGGHHH.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I try. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted