1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lamar Odom's son dies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This totally sucks.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nba/story/9533058

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Aw man that stinks. As the father of two who made it through the crib stage, I can only try to pretend to know what he and his wife are feeling. Sorry Lamar.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

RIP Jayden Odom.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

RIP -- I can't possibly imagine how that feels. My heart goes out to the Odom family.

5. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Awful, awful news. RIP Jayden.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I can't even imagine how bad Odum must feel right now. If it happened to my kid (if I had one) I don't know how I could carry on.
    In January, my month-old niece slipped and fell out of her mom's arms and hit her head in the floor. Luckily, the CAT scan turned out negative and she seems fine now, but for the hour or two until I heard she was OK, I was a wreck. I never felt worse in my life and Odum probably feels a million times worse than that now.
    I'm not a praying man, but maybe I should start.

7. joe

joe Active Member

As much as we like to denigrate athletes for being prima donnas and out of touch with real life, in the end we're all the same. Death is death, and it's no easier for one than it is for the other. I've had more than my share this year, and it never gets easy.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Terrible. RIP and best wishes to the Odom family.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's terrible. RIP little fella.

Draft saved Draft deleted