1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lakers get Gasol

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Barsuk, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Not everyone, Chuck. We're not all given to knee-jerk reactions based on two tough years for a young kid who showed flashes before hitting the wall.

I supported the Bynum pick, and as far as this Lakers dork is concerned, he's a year ahead of schedule. Kupchak has a great case for Executive of the Year, but it will likely go to the Celtics' guy.

And as for the Suns . . . . their window for a title was never completely open. And now it is closed.

What makes the Gasol trade even more exciting was it came out of nowhere. With thanks to the LA Times for the inspiration:

NOBODY EXPECTED THIS SPANISH ACQUISITION!

[​IMG]

(I don't get it [/ChuckTaylor])

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

The Suns matched up very poorly against the Lakers before the trade.

The matchups are worse now. I love the way the Suns play but they'll have a horrible time getting past either the Lakers or Spurs.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the Suns style of play these last few years, and hoped they'd reach the finals because of it. But this pretty much slams the door on that hope, there's now another Western team that looks better built for the playoffs than Phoenix.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think the Suns beat the Spurs last year with honest officials.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

They certainly would have had a good shot.

The thing is, the Suns just don't look that good this year, and they look particularly bad against the Lakers. This deal should make that even worse.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Wait a second. Didn't Bogut win the Rookie of the Year award a couple years ago? He's averaging 13 points and nine rebounds this season. Please explain to me how he's a bust.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Never mind. This dude's got it covered. Way to be, champ.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Because Chucky says so. Duh.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, shit. I'll be back.

Now where did I put my Official SportsJournalists.com Rulebook? ...

10. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

Gasol was pretty good on a bad team. Let's how he is on an above average team.
    Either way, I still think they're the fourth/fifth best team in the west.
    1: Spurs, 2: Jazz, 3: Mavs, 4/5: Suns or Lakers.

Draft saved Draft deleted