1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lakers get Gasol

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Barsuk, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Enjoy Rendevouz ribs and making it rain at Platinum Plus, Kwame!

Just don't challenge Joey Dorsey to a one-on-one game. He'd school your ass.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Gasol is the real deal. He'll be great(er) with Kobe and Bynum. Excellent pull for L.A.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

He's talented. We'll see how good he is, especially considering Kobe will ensure he gets no more than 3.2 shots per game.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Yes. Whenever I watch the Lakers, my first thought is always: I wish Kobe would let the shitty players shoot more.

5. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Yes, because when Bryant has had talented big men on the court, he's had a hard time adjusting.
    Shaquille O'Neal suffered through the best seasons of his career, winning three NBA titles and Finals MVPs.
    And, Bynum was looking like a complete stiff this season before he got hurt, with Bryant averaging a career high in assists.

Bryant being selfish with the ball is one of the most overplayed arguments around. Time after time after time, he's set Lamar Odom and Luke Walton up for scoring plays and those two just don't have it in them to be aggressive. Bynum started showing some maturity on and off the court and he and Kobe began to thrive together.

I have a feeling Gasol is going to get as many shots as he can handle, while Bryant will still be taking the important shots.

6. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

Bingo. The people who usually cry about Bryant's selfishness are the ones who don't follow the Lakers as closely as others. Bryant's arrogant, so he's an easy target.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If I had a nickle for every time I watched Kobe split a double team and zip a pass to an open guy, only to watch that guy (Brown, Walton, Odom, Mihm, Smush Fucking Parker) miss the shot or fumble the pass, I could buy my newspaper. Not from a newstand, but from the billionare who owns it. But all we hear is: Kobe shoots too much.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Any draft pick in the lower half of the 1st round is a crap shoot, and that's what the Lakers are giving up.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Wizards fans certainly think they got the better of the trade that got them Caron Butler.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

He's great, perhaps the greatest in the game right now, but 11 TOs last night?

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

A good pass is never dropped. {/somecelticscoachednamedredsaidthat]

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Not being an NBA fan, it was explained to me that the Lakers signed Aaron McKie, probably for just over $1 million, to include him in the trade so all the salaries equaled out. Memphis cut him immediately. So McKie gets a pro-rated million for breathing.

Draft saved Draft deleted