1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lady Gaga flashes her meat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Suicide Squeezer, Sep 7, 2010.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I think there's a certain element out there who believes all acts should be something in the mold of Bruce Springsteen or Pearl Jam. T-shirt and jeans...GEETARS...WOO HOOO!!

2. Gues#t

Gues#t Guest

Not I. I'm the element that thinks all acts should be The Traveling Wilburys.

(I can't believe this thread has gone on for four pages. Sheesh.)

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Pearl Jam and Bruce have hillbilly accents?

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'd been trying to remain intentionally ignorant about Gaga, assuming the worst, but then I finally gave in and gave her a listen, and damned if her stuff ain't alluring as hell. Bad Romance and Poker Face are tunes you hear once, think "hey that was pretty damn catchy", then feel the irresistable urge to watch that video again, and again, and again.... until it's irretrievably hooked full throttle into your head.

Maybe she is just the newest record industry/corporate incarnation in the Tiffany/Brittany/Christina line, but her sounds are clearly better than the versions than came before her.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'm a curmudgeon at 29. I can't stand most of the stuff on pop radio these days. But Ale-Alejandro is my JAM.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Whoa! This one's going to leave a mark.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/public/magazine/article389697.ece

Camille Paglia holds nothing back.

That's just the first three grafs. And then she takes the gloves off.

Unfortunately you have to register to read the whole thing but there's enough in the sample to not have any doubt what the rest is going to say.

Draft saved Draft deleted