1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lady Gaga flashes her meat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Suicide Squeezer, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So did the Bay City Rollers.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can we stop this Gaga-Tiffany comparison?

Tiffany is a redhead. She's completely different.

3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Comparing these numbers is more silliness. The late '80s recording industry resembles nothing of the current one.

Also Fame Monster is an EP. Hence not a second album.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

What numbers can we use to compare?

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Not to mention that Tiffany's most famous tunes weren't even originals, but covers of Tommy James and the Beatles.

Good numbers, squeezer, but I think you have to look beyond the numbers on this one.

7. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

It was all new material. It's eight songs, and a remix. It's a record.

8. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

A hit is a hit, even in today's music industry and the way it's changed the past decade. I'm not saying Gaga isn't a star. She is. But all these stars, with the selection of a very, very select few fizzle out. Gaga is not one of the chosen few. Sorry.

In 2023, Gaga will be doing the same thing as Tiffany.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Well, on that we can agree. Although I don't see it taking until 2023. Because she probably wants to do it, not use it as a career saving tactic.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

You mean like it did with Reginald Dwight?

We're talking about an industry that, from the very beginning, has sat back and watched the cash roll in as the Chipmunks, the Archies, Rick Dees and Milli Vanilli, to name a few, took massive records to the top of the charts.

The record label doesn't care if Stefani Germanotta has genuine talent. If she does -
    - then it's a bonus. But I'll point out that when she was just Stefani Germanotta, who was talented enough to get into NYU's Tisch School of the Arts at age 17, who wrote and performed the two songs in the above link when she was 19, but who didn't have a gimmick, the recording industry did not care.

11. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I saw her on Sunday night in Pittsburgh and it was the most incredible performance I've ever seen.
    The lights...the stage...the dancers...everything was amazing. Definitely an R-rated show.

And yes, she can sing. She did two songs at the piano..just her singing and playing.

And she definitely is spreading a message that it's okay to be different and don't let people make fun of you or tell you that you can't do anything. Hard to argue with that.

I was with folks from Live Nation...her set-up is 26 tractor trailers, and they could not be happier with her right now...cha ching!

12. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

"Stay out of it, Nick Lachey."

Draft saved Draft deleted