1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lady Gaga flashes her meat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Suicide Squeezer, Sep 7, 2010.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

At least she writes her own songs.

2. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Yup. And I bet the photographer for this shoot killed his own cow, too.

3. Suicide Squeezer

Until that "long time" window expires sooner than later and she's remembered as fondly for her contributions to music as Tiffany and 98 Degrees.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Lighten up.

Lady Gaga is OK, though she's no Ke$ha.

5. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Tiffany and 98 Degrees have had nowhere NEAR the success of Lady Gaga. Neither have come close to being considered the top pop act in the game. She may not be Madonna, but she's not a hiccup either.

6. Suicide Squeezer

I'm not going to waste my time looking it up, but 98 Degrees and teenage American girl's love affair with Nick Lachey did well on tour as I recall, for a number of years I would put on pace for what Gaga is at now. Lady Gaga may be the top pop act - maybe, if you don't count rap/hip hop in with the genre - but it's only because she's a sideshow and the genre's bottomed out to the point where there's nothing better.

If she was just flowing with talent like some people on here seem to think, the record label would have attempted to make Stefani Germanotta the true star, not the freak show.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That's what she said

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

This is just silly.

This woman can tour anywhere and everywhere the world over and sell out whatever the hell venue she wants to in what is a wreck of a concert industry industry at the moment. She's not going anywhere. Hell, I'd drop a few bucks to see her show.

I think it's safe to say her tours are not headed for the fair or mall circuit, but rather stadiums.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Alice Cooper's shock became camp and, to be honest, she really wasn't all that good-looking.

Lady Gaaaaaaaah! Gaaaaaaaah! pretty much jumped right past shock to camp right out of the blocks. Though I will admit that her meat is stuffed into a rather appealing casing.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Don't know whether to quote Meat II or NoOneLikesUs, but they're both spot on. Gaga is one of the top pop stars out there today with like it or not, some catchy tunes. And with her penchant for knowing how to grab leadlines and stay in the limelight, I don't see her going away at all.

And making an attempted comparison to Tiffany really invalidates any argument you're trying to make.

11. Suicide Squeezer

Tiffany's first studio album "Tiffany (1987)" - 4x Platinum.
    Gaga's first studio album "The Fame (2008)" - 3x Platinum.

Tiffany's second studio album "Hold an Old Friend's Hand (1988)" - Platinum.
    Gaga's second studio album "The Fame Monster (2009)" - Platinum.

Tiffany - 2 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles.
    Gaga - 2 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles.

12. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

FWIW, I'd say Lady Gaga has a looooot more critical clout than Tiffany ever did.

Draft saved Draft deleted