1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ladies and Gents, the AJC reorg list

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jun 4, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Truth is the AJC rules Georgia. The cutbacks that it has taken to become THE news source of the state is interesting. If it works, other publications that aren't already on that road, will follow suit.

2. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

It may still rule Georgia, but it doesn't circulate in half of it anymore. Try getting a Sunday AJC with your cup of coffee in Valdosta, Albany, Brunswick or Savannah anymore. Ain't happening.
    Makes you wonder how thoroughly they will try to cover the state when they don't even sell south of Macon.

3. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Boots, quit calling people "jackass" every time they dare write something other that doesn't mesh with your own personal dogma.

Have an open mind once in a while. Embrace a relevant discussion and/or debate.

The world sure doesn't revolve around me, and it sure doesn't revolve around Boots either.

And it's no fun going though life ripping anyone who disagrees with your own little personal dogma, ummm?

Thank you, good night, discuss at will.

4. boots

boots New Member

Get a grip Dan.
    I know what's going on there a helluva lot better than most. That's all that needs to be said.
    As far as calling someone a jackass, why are your responding to a post that is a few days old? What are you trying to prove?
    The poster and I disagreed and it ended at that. Now, you come on to chastise me way after the fact?
    I don't understand it.

5. chazp

chazp Active Member

Make that two SWAT editors.

6. Uh, yeah. That point was made a week ago.

7. Babs

Babs Member

I heard that AJC.com was down for over an hour this afternoon. Great way to kick off the new web focus. Keep up the good work!

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I hear the tumblers starting to turn on this thread... :mad:

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

The AJC rules the majority of north and central GA and still has a big effect on areas like Athens. Check the boxes each morning and you will see the AJC sells out before the ABH everytime.

10. boots

boots New Member

And despite what changes occur, it will remain that way. The AJC may no longer cover Dixie like the dew but it's still the big boy of the area.

11. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Ronnie Ramos, on the all the changes:

http://apse.dallasnews.com/2007/june2007/061307ramos.html

12. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Yes, that memo clears up everything.

Draft saved Draft deleted