1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ladies and Gents, the AJC reorg list

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

I worked at a place where a new editor came in and imposed the "newsroom without walls" in the mid-1990s and created all these little teams of 3-4 people. I was already getting beat on hard for too little money and it was the last straw for me at that place. We had garbage like the "body and soul" team (what the hell is that?). All it did was create a bunch of tiny fiefdoms, and these fiefdoms were headed by too many kings who all crowded into meetings, fought with each other, and nothing was ever done, and the product went to hell in a handbasket and was full of errors every day.

Fortunately the editor who did that was eventually "retired" twice within a few years and is now farming without walls and fences somewhere in the land of cotton, I hear. The newsroom without walls went back to the usual way of doing things and a few years later when I was through there and saw it, it looked a heck of a lot better.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What is an Interactivity editor?

3. boots

boots New Member

There will be other changes at the AJC.

4. No shit, considering they just reorganized their entire newsroom

5. boots

boots New Member

OK jackass, the comment was not meant to stir up something. I was responding to a question directed to me. You got something to offer like the crap you pulled, send it in a PM.
    There are a lot of good folks at that place. They don't need to read a silly comment like the one you made. It's a very serious time at the AJC and many are understandably nervous about the future.

6. Name-calling boots? I thought you were above that.

7. boots

boots New Member

I am.

8. OK, good. I could have sworn you just called me a jackass. My bad.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

boots, you tell people to ignore you. You do the same. Both side stop the shit or another one gets locked.

10. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

I believe that on Monday, June 11, the AJC flips the switch on all the big changes. Should be fun to observe .......

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I predict the paper will still come out, and readers won't be able to tell the difference.

12. LATimesman

LATimesman Member

No doubt. The interesting part will be how long it takes before management concedes many of its ideas are absurd.

Draft saved Draft deleted