1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ladies and gentlemen, your Brooklyn Islanders!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Brooklyn is actually physically part of Long Island.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Then the Dodgers should have been forced to give upt their name when they moved to LA. There aren't any trolleys in LA.

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I did see a Brooklyn Hipsters logo somewhere on Twitter or FB earlier. I can't post from my phone, but it's out there if someone wants to look.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

the three stooges are just relieved the icelanders are staying in n.y. i suggested they change the name to 'brooklyn eggcreams'...despite long islanders insistence that brooklyn is on long island i've never accepted this -- and we live on te island! the brooklyn boy in me can't accept it, especially since i grew up KNOWING i was being raised in one of the 5 boros comprising nyc... son i vote they change the name, dammit!

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

h[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

And the Lakers should have been forced to give up their name ... and so on and so forth.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I agree entirely. Utah Jazz tops the list for stupidest. If you move a team, at least change the name and shell out a few bucks for new uniforms.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Except the Devils don't play in NYC.

9. Don't be a smart ass.

10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

When the Hornets moved to NOLA I would have thought they would have worked out some deal for the Jazz name. Didn't happen. Some times common sense is lacking in the sports world.

Meanwhile can the Flames keep their name? It's not like Calgary burned down during the Civil War.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Seriously, the Jazz and Hornets would really be better off trading nicknames straight up.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Considering Utah is the Beehive State, that makes too much sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted