1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ladies and Gentlemen "THIS IS WRITING!!!"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sportsbruh, May 4, 2007.

1. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

The love that hate produced

Imagine being hated, but not hating.

Imagine how it must feel to have love inside of you but hate driving your everyday life.

Imagine hate being the main reason the world knows who you are.

Imagine if your father abandoned you … twice.

Would that make you fight him or fight the world?

Floyd Mayweather Jr. told ESPN.com readers in a chat that Saturday's fight is "going to put the stamp on my career and define my legacy." Imagine that possibly being the foundation of your hate. Why you "love you some you" so much because the love that you needed from your father disappeared, went on an iron vacation for a 5½-year drug-trafficking sentence.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/070503

well researched, well written, none of that lazy stuff.

2. Thanks for stopping by tonight, Scooper.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yes, because the "Imagine" lede is so fresh. Scoop surely has broken new ground with this perfect piece of prose.

4. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Thanks for stopping by, you can't resist anything written by a bro.

Stop being so transparent.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What's a bro? By that, do you mean a black man?

Because you're right. I can't stand Fred Mitchell, Lacy Banks, Michael Holley, Bomani Jones and (most of the time) Whitlock. They're all hacks who couldn't write well if their lives depended on it.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Doc, you're going to go over your blue-font allotment for May on this thread alone.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, but it's worth it.

8. Are you serious? That's absolute hackery. I seriously can't believe that clown writes a naitonal column. Stunning.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Get the hell out of here with that racist accusation. I'm sick enough of your troll-like behaviors, and you then have the audacity to accuse a fellow board member of racism on the basis of one post!?! You, sir, are a fool to the highest degree. Shame on you.

10. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Who gives a fuck!

Take your miserable ass down to the pub and create a rukus. Better yet, go powl the streets and find a hooker.

You too pressed.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Michael Holley couldn't write well?

I think you should lay off the mushrooms, sir.

Michael Holley was one of the best writers - sports or otherwise -- in the country before he left to do radio. He was exceptional.

12. Sportsbruh, by the way, is not a real poster. Way too many buttons pushed with every thread. I think he's part troll, part performance art. Probably a 20-something white desker in middle America somewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted