1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ladies and gentlemen ... start your running Indy 500 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, May 25, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

One of the very few times of the year I see the sunrise is when I'm at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway bright and early for the 500.

Update: Marty Roth and Milka Duno haven't crashed yet.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who beat?

3. Bubbler

Me. I beat the traffic.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm envious that you get to be at the good race, Bubbs.

But I get John Force for a press conference. I win! (until 4 p.m., when that ends and the interminable race is still a good two hours from starting.)

5. Bubbler

Oh yeah? I get to hear Jim Nabors sing!

Right now I'm bored out of my mind. Maybe I should go down to the garage and strike up a conversation with A.J. Foyt about foreigners.

6. Bubbler

Ha ha! I got here way early, but it's funny hearing grousing from my colleagues, who in years' past, got used to leaving for the race later than they could get away with this year and had to wait in traffic longer than usual.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Why do the sideline pit reporters wear fire suits?

If it's to protect them from whatever, then shouldn't they be wearing helmets too?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Would improve listening to jack Arute -- especially with the visor down

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I predict Helio Castroneves will win.

Also, Danica is not the only woman in the field. Sarah Parker (I think is the other woman's name) is also running.

My knowledge of Indy racing is limited, but I enjoy following this race and will also make occasional glances at the international Grand Prix/Formula OneLewis Hamil circuit.

I like Lewis Hamilton, the "Tiger Woods" of that circuit.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Now I'm finally sorry I haven't shown up for the last five years. But I'm going to Milwaukee and Mid-Ohio, which doesn't equal Indy, but it's something.

In Barack Obama's America, the most popular racing series is the one with women and guys with funny names. (By the way, it's Sarah Fisher.)

11. I thought there were three women in the field.

Did Milka drop out?

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Not yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted