1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome yooooour New Orleans Pelicans!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Big Fail. Pelicans? Awful. And that logo sucks.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My only issue with the logo is that --- as a kid --- I liked to be able to draw them. And most were simple enough that this was possible.

Some of them are so involved today that you need true artistic talent to replicate them. Pelicans falls into that category.

But does it suck? Dunno. Seems pretty classy. Does it suck any more than these iconic ones? And if so, why?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do these have, other than "Well, I grew up with them, so they must be OK" appeal?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Some of the old-school logos I loved:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Hawks' unis then were sharp too:

[​IMG]

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The Wizards (gag), thankfully, went back to a logo that more resembles that of the Bullets, including the hands.

[​IMG]

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Seems like these things go in cycles. Several teams (Cavaliers, Rockets, Pistons, Sonics before the move in 2008, Wizards) have gone back to a logo and uniforms that resembles what they had in the 1970s.

Draft saved Draft deleted