1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you: The Worst Movie Trailer of ALL TIME

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Oct 4, 2009.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I thought about posting this in the "Last movie you watched" thread but, upon further review, I've decided this trailer deserves it's own thread.

Look, I know it's a kids movie but, Jesus Christ, I don't think I've ever seen a trailer that made a movie seem this bad. Ever.

And this is coming from a guy who watched the "Date Movie" and "Disaster movie" trailers.

http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/15855134/standardformat

I think we're looking at Mr. Johnson's "Suburban Commando" film right here.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup, that does look like a steaming pile.

3. tmr

tmr Member

who the fuck is his agent?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I didn't need the trailer - the hook was set at Starring Dwayne Johnson, Ashley Judd, Billy Crystal, Julie Andrews and Ryan Sheckler.

That's a cast straight out of an Entourage plot.

5. schiezainc

A user at the movie site I frequent said "It's like someone watched the Santa Clause, thought to himself 'I wonder if there's a way to make this same movie but about a different character', lost a tooth s***ing cock and said 'I got it! The Tooth Fairy' and decided to sell the idea to Hollywood."

I couldn't agree more.

BTW, anyone wanna guess how many Razzies this flick wins? I'm setting the bar at 5 and choosing the over.

6. schiezainc

Oh, you need to see the trailer. It makes Gigli look like an intelligent script.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oh I saw the trailer - also noticed the film is directed by the guy who used to play Kaptain Kool on Saturday mornings before "moving up" to play Mackenzie Phillips husband on One Day at the Time and directing The Santa Clause 3, Michael Lembeck.
    I don't understand why anyone involved in the project signed on. Seems like except for Ryan Sheckler, the film has a been there, done that quality.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

You know how bad this movie is? I knew exactly what the the trailer was going to be before I even clicked on the thread.

Wife and I saw this trailer in the theater yesterday, and when it was done, we just stared at each other like, "What the fuck was that?"

I thought it was a joke.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Unless you are all 8-year-olds, your opinions on this are meaningless.

Of course, if Disney thought this movie were any good it wouldn't be released in the middle of January.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No knuckle puck. Fraud.

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

You can't handle the tooth !

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

They stole that from Jamie Foxx in his "In Living Color" days. (Remember Carl "The Tooth" Williams?)

Draft saved Draft deleted