1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ladies and Gentleman, Steely McBeam

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 9, 2007.

1. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

I must say I'm taking great pleasure in this whole debacle... Steely McBeam. Wow.

That said, as a Browns fan who truly appreciates the Steelers' tradition and rabid, supportive fans, this is embarrassing and idiotic move. I do not understand it.

2. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Five Super Bowls.
    And counting!

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Indeed.
    So much better to have a 400-pound fat guy wearing a Huckleberry Hound mask as the semi-animated symbol of your Super Bowl-less franchise.
    :D

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is truly disconcerting, just because the Rooneys are stepping away from team traditions to do this.

The tradition is simple: No cheerleaders. No mascots. Just football. And if you're going to get away from that, at least give us cheerleaders. :)

What's next? Logos on both sides of the helmets?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yep, it's almost as bad as the imitation Terrible Towel the Browns were trying to foist on fans last season. ;D

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Dude, a Steelers fan picking on the Browns is no better than you picking on the tiny kid down the street with the cleft palette when you were a kid. Pick on a real team. Bully.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Sorry, I was trying to get a "Dead. To. Me." response from IJAG.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Why do you lameass Steeler fans feel the need to pick on the Browns? Isn't being a Browns fan tough enough as it is?

9. outofplace

Did you notice that the Browns fans started it? IJAG first, then dawg. Though personally, I have no problem whatsoever with their posts. I thought Dawg's was dead on. But if they are going to start, I don't see anything wrong in responding. And when it comes to the Browns, it is just so easy :)

10. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Truthfully, I wasn't trying to start anything because as a Browns fan I can't compete.

And don't try to stray from the topic of Steely McBeam! :)

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Steely McBeam is absolutely hilarious. What the hell were they thinking?

On the other hand I actually kind of dig the, uh, retro unis. Not bad, could have been a lot worse.

12. outofplace

Ha..yeah...I took it that way, Dawg. But some of my SteelersSportsJournalists.com brethren apparently read in more malicious intent.

Draft saved Draft deleted