1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ladainian Tomlinson and Reggie Bush

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Warning: I am not trying to juxtapose LT and R.Bush in a way to show everyone how Bush is revolutionizing the game. This isn't a fanboy thread nor is it a thread to bash R.Bush. :)

Ok, so we've seen LT have a great year and people have already dubbed him one of the greatest of all time. Reggie, so far, is having an "ok" year.But don't get me wrong. I think Reggie is going to be one of the best RB's in the league, but I don't understand how everyone is hyping him up to be the one to "revolutionize" the game. The reason? Well because all that Bush hype is already being performed by LT. He can run, catch, and hell he can pass at times as well. The only thing LT hasn't done yet is punt return but I'm sure he's able to do that as well. Just wanted to hear what you guys think about it.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

LT revolutionized the game, but we already knew that. No. 56 is already in the HOF.

3. Chuck~Taylor

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Have people really said Bush is going to revolutionize the game? If he is everything his supporters say he is, he's Marshall Faulk. If not, he's Eric Metcalf.

Either way, it's been done.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I hadn't heard any talk of revolutionizing the game. And at this point, Bush has no business being in the conversation with Tomlinson, who is probably the best player in the league right now.

Tomlinson is good enough that the LT stuff isn't ridiculous any more, though he still hasn't changed the game the way Lawrence Taylor did. He is just playing it at a Hall of Fame level.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Eric Metcalf comparisions are apt, at least thus far. Let's see Bush get 20 carries a game before we anoit him anything other than that.

7. Chuck~Taylor

I don't know if we'll see that with D. McAllister on that team. But the past two weeks, Bush has been getting better because he's actually hitting the holes. He's not trying to get a 60 yarder on every play. It dosn't sound important, but when you get a 3 yard gain instead of losing 2 yards, it's a big difference. Let's not forget that this guy had been used as a really good decoy as well. I think he's going to be great. But I don't think he's revolutionizing the game.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone who splits carries with LenDale White in the national title game is not revolutionizing the game.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Bush is built so slight in the lower body, I don't know if he'll ever be able to productively handle 20 carries / game. We'll see how it plays out, but right now, hype > > results.

10. carrie

carrie Active Member

neither one could hold tony romo's jock.

ok, well, lt can.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That is a pretty ridiculous comment to make. White was nails in college, just because he is fat/overweight/breaker of rules guy in the NFL doesn't mean Bush shouldn't have been splitting time with him in college.

12. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

You are confusing Media with Reality.

The reality of it all is - Bush is average and has not lived up to the hype.

There is no comparison. The league corrects itself as the season progresses. Reggie has only 2 flashes of Brilliance. LT's IS a human highlight reel.

Draft saved Draft deleted