1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lacrosse: Duke vs. Darmouth on the WWL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

T!

2. pmartin25

pmartin25 Guest

I find lacrosse to be a great sport to cover, I lived in western Pa. then moved out to the shore for a gig and had to cover it not knowing anything about it and it grew on me quickly, kind of a combination of soccer and football, how can you not like that ... girls lacrosse? now that is another story, possibly the most boring event (besides field hockey) in the history of sports

as far as Duke on ESPNU, I'm sure Vitale had something to do with that ;D

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Sorry to disagree, but there are few female athletes hotter than the ones in field hockey and lax.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

They're frigging vicious, too....it's awesome. :D

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Double J, I've never attended an indoor game personaly, and to be honest I'm not sure there's even a team around me. And I live in the absolute cradle of lacrosse in the US, where every nearby college is ranked in the top 20 and more kids play it in high school than baseball. But every time I've watched the indoor game on TV it's not been that captivating to me. A good outdoor game, even at the lower levels of college, is absolutely great to watch though.

I'm also in the minority of those who enjoy women's lax too. At least at the highest levels in college it's fun to watch. All finesse and grace. I can appreciate it.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I live in an area where there is very little field lacrosse. We all played on the cement floor of the local arena during the summer months - a different game than what you're seeing on TV, but the concept is much the same.

Maybe you have to experience it live to really appreciate it. To be honest, I haven't actually watched very many games on TV. Then again, I'm lucky to be from an area where there is no shortage of minor, junior, senior, oldtimers and pro lacrosse on pretty much any night of the week from May through August.

7. What will the WWL's storyline be?
    Duke, back from adversity?
    That'll go over well.

8. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Not that Duke has to worry about embarrassment of their fine institution or anything ... ::)

9. pmartin25

pmartin25 Guest

anyone see the article about the Duke lax team in the new SI?

10. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

Fellow CAA fans:

Drexel recently upset top-ranked Virginia 11-10.
    The winning goal was scored with about 7 seconds left.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, you can be pretty sure they won't ignore the story line.

Draft saved Draft deleted