1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lacrosse coach suspended for alleged abuse

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smallpotatoes, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.telegram.com/article/20100409/NEWS/100409691/1116

http://wbztv.com/local/westborough.lacrosse.coach.2.1623614.html

Sounds like he learned a few things from George O'Leary.
    I put in two links because the second one has the coach reportedly saying "I hope you're wearing cups." The other says they were wearing minimal equipment.
    I'm not sure what to make of it. Some might say suspending this guy is another example of how soft society has become, I guess.
    I never played lacrosse or watched a practice so I don't know how common this drill is.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Westboro?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Is it the Baptists again?

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Different Westboro. Often spelled Westborough.

5. The high school lacrosse at my school was fired and then was arrested 2 years later for trying to have sex with a 15 year old girl from a chatroom. When he showed up it was just a cop.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm convinced their are 10,000 "teenagers" trolling chat rooms to poon older men. 9,870 of them are vice cops looking for preverts and the other 130 are actual teenagers looking for guys. Good luck with those odds.

7. KP

KP Active Member

Coach in question worked as a stringer for the MetroWest Daily News before taking his current position.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Two years ago I watched a kid get hit square in the neck with a full-speed shot.

He took about two steps and collapsed. He's okay, but after seeing that I'm not a fan of this "drill".

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wow. All of that happened to an entire sport?

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'm pretty sure it's in Proverbs or something: ye, wherever lacrosse players (and coaches) gather, dickheads shall be present too.

Throwing solid rubber balls at young men's crotches. Nice. And to think this kind of behavior can all be quickly overcompensated for by making random women feel uncomfortable.

Draft saved Draft deleted