1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lacrosse Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dreunc1542, May 25, 2009.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Not if you don't have any left. I believe Cornell took its last when Syracuse scored to make it 9-8.

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Nope. They took it AFTER Cuse scored to tie.

J_M, the Red actually got the ball off the OT faceoff, but never got a shot away before turning it over for the final time.

3. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Princeton, Jesus. Won all six of its national championships in a 10-year span starting in 1992.

I packed it in for 'Cuse when Cornell went up 9-6. The Reds had the tempo of the game right where they wanted it, just like a good, deliberate Ivy League school (Princeton played the same way). But Syracuse scores goals in bursts, like the two goals in the final 40 seconds of the first half of the semifinal against Duke.

The MONY Towers will be bathed in orange tonight. Or not. :)

4. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Anybody else from the Ivy ever win it, Serve?

Thanks.

5. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Cornell, three times (1971, the first one, then 1976 and 1977).

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Being a Syracuse fan, this is a great fan. But really, I wouldn't have been that upset if the Big Red pulled it off. Us upstaters (up-staters?) are just happy that we proved our superiority once again. ;D

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I hear fans up and down both Beltways were getting involuntary ticks while watching this game.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

you got it. winner winner.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

ESPNU is showing Syracuse games all night long. Good stuff.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

what a freaking game. slowly coming around to the sport, and that game catapulted it near the top of my list of favorite sports to watch.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'll admit, as I already have on this thread, it was a great game -- or at least a great finish.

That said, no chance I'm watching lax again until next year's final. I'm sure a few people will claim I'm missing out on a great sport, but it doesn't really do much for me -- unless there's a finish like the one yesterday.

12. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'll admit it, I blew it. After Cornell went ahead by three, I turned to watch NASCAR. When I flipped back 10 minutes later, the celebration was already under way.

Draft saved Draft deleted