1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Lacrosse Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dreunc1542, May 25, 2009.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Is anyone else watching this? The Orange scored three straight goals, including an improbable one with less than five seconds to play to send the game into overtime.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And then won it early in overtime.

Amazing game, feel terrible for Cornell.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I watched the three or four goal comeback, whatever it was.

Un-freaking-real.

First time I've ever stood up and yelled at the TV during a lax game. Great few minutes of action.

4. JackReacher

They all but called Cornell the national champs with about five minutes to go in regulation.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Halfway through the fourth quarter it seemed like Cornell had the game completely in the bag.

6. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

It really was. That last goal of regulation was a thing of frantic beauty.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. JackReacher

The tying goal with 4 seconds left was amazing. Turnover around midfield, crazy pass inside that bounced off a Cornell player's stick. Scored the goal while diving in front of the net.

Just silly.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

With the way Syracuse's defensive pressure paid off late, I'm stunned they didn't start trying to use it earlier in the game.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Ugh. Last time I went to an NCAA championship was 1988 when my Big Red lost to Cuse. Would have been nice to win this one, but they simply crapped the bed in the last few minutes.

10. JackReacher

That stuff always works better when you're back is completely up against the wall....in desperate times.

But you're right. The defense was great in the last few minutes of the game.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm not that smart, but if you're in possession with 20 seconds left and up one and the other team is about to force a turnover, don't you have to call time out?

12. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

I'm at work doing NCAA baseball stuff but watched most of the fourth quarter.

Absolutely amazing, what Syracuse did. The goal in the final seconds of regulation shows why they're so tough. You knew Cornell was pretty much done after that. I don't think they even had the ball in OT.

Who/when was the last Ivy League team to win it? Princeton, maybe?

Draft saved Draft deleted